Tuesday, February 16, 2016

30, Flirty, and Thriving



I'M 30!  In January I bid farewell to my 20s.  A few people asked me if I'm sad about it and some joked about it being hard to turn 30.  I'm just really excited.  My twenties brought me school, independence, a husband and best friend, a career as a hair stylist, several moves in different states,
THREE BEAUTIFUL BABIES, and so much more.  I did a lot of growing, and because of that I'm pretty excited to be heading into my thirties.

I had a "30 before 30" list I wanted to accomplish before turning 30.  I did a lot of things, but I didn't get "ride a camel" checked off.  So at the very least, that will be happening...

My birthday falls on the busiest week of the year for Ben at work.  We're talking insane work hours.  He took me on a sweet date the weekend before my birthday, and my friends surprised me with a trip to a trampoline park on my birthday.  My friend Susannah even arranged for her husband to come babysit my kiddos!  She slapped a feather boa and tiara on me, took me to eat Mexican food, brought me to a room full of foam pits and trampolines, then we all met at my friend Leah's house for cake.  You guys...it was freaking awesome.  




Poor Cathy hurt her ankle within the first ten minutes of jumping, so her husband came to wheel her to safety.  The emergency room.  So sorry, (also proud!) Cathy!! 



This video is proof of one of my great talents: coordination.  I'm the one on the right that gets stuck on her head in the foam pit.  :)



Here's to being 30 and not 13!




2 comments: