Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January

January...is trying to break our will.  Ha!  I kid, kind of.  We have been hit with all kinds of things for the entire month.  Lucy had a cold in November, then started teething in December before Christmas, and we have taken turns with all kinds of illnesses since then.  Now we're at the point where Ben and I just have to laugh because it's just ridiculous.  

Let's get started, shall we?

Lucy's teething has been  BRUTAL.  I kept finding her asleep in random places because she (we) didn't get a lot of sleep at night.  This can't be comfortable.

Next to the garbage can!  With their blankets!  EW


Lucy has had pretty rough colds as well.  The sleep has been lacking but the tissues are plentiful.  Also...see the pink spot under her left eye by her nose?  The boys had been so cooped up and Lucy's cold was was looking up, so I took my kids to Safari Nation to burn off energy.  Right before leaving, a little girl came up to Lucy and put her arms around her.  I thought she was hugging her and giving her a kiss on the cheek, (I was standing next to her) and then Lucy started crying.  THE GIRL WAS BITING LUCY'S FACE.  I almost cried.  January has been weird.

James had colds and a stomach bug that sent him home early from school one day and he ended up missing three days of school and was pretty much down for the count through that weekend.  He kept falling asleep on the couch, which is so weird for me, because James NEVER takes naps.  I kept taking pictures of it because it was just so strange to me.

Figured out why he gets such chapped lips...

Jonny missed a couple days of preschool because of a cold, and just recovered from the stomach bug he caught from James.  His fever was higher than James boy's and I spent a lot of that night (not) sleeping in his bed.  Every time I got up to leave he would weakly whisper, "Mommy pwease don't weave me"...and I would get right back in his bed.  Because I couldn't "weave" him.  Would you look at this smile though?  I took this on an early morning when he was waking up way too early because he didn't feel well.  We definitely got our money's worth out of Netflix this month.

For a portion of every January, Ben has to work some crazy hours.  It's the busiest time of year for him, but honestly this year has better than last year, so that has been great!  HOWEVER, because this January has been a little weird, (I keep waiting for someone to jump out and tell me I'm being punk'd) this happened:
Ben was playing in a church basketball game and seriously hurt his ankle/foot.  LOOK AT HIS FOOT!  This was after 24 hours.  I wish I had a picture of the bruising that set in later.  Poor guy!

Not pictured but worth noting--our dishwasher just kicked it.  Because hand washing dishes is fun!  And we were just hoping to have to spend lots of money on a new one the month after Christmas!  Good thing we have savings for things like this.  It's not a huge deal, just part of January 2016.

There have been so many bright spots, though!  I mean, look at how happy outer space makes James!  



Also...Connect Four with Bigfoot!

Lucy loves wearing my old "Boo Boo Bunny" as a bracelet :)

The difference in Lucy's temperament when she's sick vs. healthy is probably the most dramatic.  It's crazy!  When she starts smiling again it makes me SO HAPPY.



James reading to Jonny.  Be still my heart!

It snowed!  This was the day after Jonny had a fever of 104.1, and even though he was needing to be near a toilet every 30 minutes, (did I mention January has been weird??) he was so excited...so I suited him up and let him run around the yard.  Until he needed to poop again.  Because January.

Even though we've had some cabin fever from being home with sick kiddos this month, we've still had so much fun being home together!  I love not having to wake James up for school and having the whole day to just hang out together!!  The extra down time has allowed for some sweet conversations that I'm not sure we would have had otherwise.  I'm mostly talking about James here, since he's at school from about 7:45am-3pm each day.  It's so sweet to have more time for just talking.  Also, the snuggles have been amazing!  The tender moments have been plentiful!


This guy!  Love you tons, sexy buns!


A little break in illnesses meant a trip to Chik Fil A!  It was empty because there was snow in the forecast and all North Carolinians were either at the store buying bread and milk or they were at home.  



Lucy and injured Daddy just watching some football together :)


Also, I TURNED 30!  That is going to need it's own post though, because it was AWESOME.  While Ben and I have shared quite a few laughs over the ridiculousness of our sick family this month, we're looking forward to being healthy again.  And sleeping through the night again.  We've never had such a bad winter for colds.  Here's to not being sick in February!  (Please oh please??)



2 comments:

  1. Sorry your January was a little rough! It'll get better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!!!!! Lucy is getting so big which makes me happy and sad all at once! Her pony tail...! And the boo boo bunny as a bracelet! James reading to Jonny and playing games with Big Foot and Jonny enjoying the snow between the squirts...you guys make my heart full. :-)

    And your dishwasher?? Really??

    ReplyDelete