Monday, July 19, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
- Delicious cake, recipe courtesy of my rockin sis-in-law, Megan. (Sorry it's sideways.)
- My family came, as well as the Schmutz family. Ken Schmutz is my Dad's cousin, and they moved with their six kids to the area nearly a year ago, which has been sooo fun. I don't have any first cousins, so having the Schmutz fam around is awesome. Love them!
- Check out the food in this picture. We're just doing our part to keep America healthy.
- We thought James would go to town with the cake, but he turned out to be healthier than we are. He wasn't a huge fan.
- Aunt Sarah and Uncle Jayce came all the way from UT :-)
Being a parent has blessed our lives so much. I am a huge emotional sissy now, and I blame that on James and Ben. I married Ben in May 2007 and I had James in May 2009 and with those experiences I've become more and more like the women I used to make fun of for crying over everything. My capacity for emotion has increased and I think I feel things more deeply now. One change that caught me off guard is my relationship with my Heavenly Father. Right after James was born, I was holding him and I felt a rush of love for the little person I had been carrying for nearly nine months. I felt scared for the trials he would face and I wondered how he would handle them. I felt the need to protect him and take his difficulties away from him, but I knew that I couldn't. Mostly I knew that I was going to love him, no matter what. Then it felt like my world shifted a bit and I realized that THIS was the love Heavenly Father felt for me. I just felt extremely loved. I felt really stupid, because I'd always known that he loved me, but loving James had changed the way I felt that love. Ben and I have had the most amazing year of our lives with James, and we've been blessed every single day. Happy birthday, sweet baby James. :)