Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's a boy!

James Terry Stay was born today around 4:30PM weighing in at 7 lbs. 6 oz. Both he and mom are doing awesome. We got to the hospital this morning a little after 8 and all went pretty smoothly. He's got a pretty decent cone head, but he's still pretty cute.

Rebekah woke up this morning at 3:30AM and thought she peed her pants. She changed and went back to bed only to wake up two more times with the need to change her pants. She woke me up at 7 telling me what had happened. I was planning on leaving for golf at 8 with my friend Neal, and she still encouraged me to do so. I told her no and that we were going to the hospital, and we compromised on calling them to make sure. The hospital was pretty sure her water had broken and insisted on bringing her in. I cancelled golf though the man at the course apparently didn't think I had a good enough excuse.

It all went well. He's doing great!







video video

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! So far so good... looks like James got Rebekah's genes. jk. Who knew a crying baby could be so precious. Know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers. You might have to wait a couple years to play wii with him though, Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is absolutely beautiful - and it's ok to say that about a boy when they're little. What a precious gift, I am so happy for you and can't wait to come see him...please promise me that you'll call if I can do anything for you since your mom will be a few more weeks. Love you guys - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a cutie-pie! Congrats to you both. I'm glad all went well and mom and baby are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats guys! Angie is very happy with a smidgen of jealousy (she is 3 days overdue now) Good luck on all the new parenting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Ben & Rebekah!!! Your baby is absolutely beautiful (I'm sorry, Ben you'd probably prefer I say 'handsome'). It's been way too long; how are you? From your blog I see things are going great for you guys!!! Congratulations on everything!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go guys! Let us know when that hair starts to go curly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEY! My baby is a week older than yours! We need to start a playgroup! Congrats Jesse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute kid- What a way to take a bath! Congrats to the three of you and a Happy Birthday to you James!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats you guys! welcome to parenthood...word of wisdom on boys. when you change the diaper, pointer down :)
    have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Glad that all went smooth - gives me hope :) Yay for little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats he is such an adorable little boy. I had the same thing happen (water breaking at 3:30am)!!! So glad all is well with both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love his spiked hair!! Rebekah must've done it right away! Congratulations Stay family!! Love you guys!!! And I hope it wasn't the dentist movie that put you into labor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops! I meant "congrats Ben!" (and Rebekah!) Forgive me for I saw Jesse's name as he shared the story with his friends and it was still in the mind. Clearly I also need to get sleep. Welcome to parenthood! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Ruby!! I would love to meet him if you guys are ever back out in DC.

    ReplyDelete