Friday, May 1, 2009

The end of an era and start of a new one

I started BYU in Fall 2001. That's right folks, 8 years ago. Check out the original 6 in 2310 Whitney Hall.

Now I have finally graduated with both my Bachelor's and Master's of Accountancy with an emphasis in Tax. Here I am with the woman who made the last three years so much easier to bear and the parents who got me here.
And a few friends in the program: Ian K., Jonny boy and the whole class.

All in all it's been a great experience. The amount of school work I actually did has seen a dramatic decline over the last two years since the junior core to the point where I had 3 classes this last semester where I never opened the textbook. Oddly enough, I am still happy I bought the textbooks for use as future reference in my career, so it wasn't a complete waste.

From here we are in sort of a limbo between Provo and a real job. I have accepted a full time offer with PricewaterhouseCoopers in their tax practice. After trying to pull some strings, I failed to get my start date pushed forward and thus will be unemployed until October 19th when I start with them full time. Until then I will be studying and sitting for hopefully at least 3 of the 4 CPA exam sections and possibly getting a temp job in Virginia.

We are still here in Provo until the end of June when we will move out to live with my wonderful in-laws once again in Ashburn, VA. They have been so kind to let us stay with them until we can get ourselves settled out there. I think they are just letting us come because they want to spend time with the upcoming grandson they will have ;)

I am working at the Law School for another week. From then until the end of June I will be at home studying for the CPA exam and taking care of my awesome wife and her growing tumor. Besides studying for the CPA exam at least 3 hours a day, my goals include the following: watching multiple seasons of 24, beating Call of Duty: World at War, finding all the stars in Super Mario Galaxy, and packing moving everything back east. Lofty goals, but I think it's plausible!

Here are some things that have been happening lately.

First, Sarah, Rebekah's sister, got married to an awesome man, Jayce Porter. They are a great couple and we're so excited to hang out with them.

We got the chance to play an awesome game of guesstures with them and 2 of my sisters over easter. Jayce has a great FBI impersonation. You should ask him to demonstrate if you see him.
Here's Rebekah doing something for the camera...I think it might be a victory dance, but from what I recall, I don't think she was ever on a winning team. I love that woman!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on graduating! That old school picture of all of you guys is classic! And p.s. Rebekah is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice goals Ben ... man, you have come a long way since 2310! I guess we all have ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Ben! :) I like the sound of your goals. One of the cool things about your Oct. start date is how much time you'll get to send with Rebekah and baby at the beginning! That's wonderful. Rebekah looks so cute in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete