Thursday, April 16, 2009

How to get kicked out of the family:

A few weeks ago my sister-in law Michelle came in to get her hair colored. I was under the impression that she just wanted to be strawberry blonde until I showed her the color book and she pointed to a bright red-purple shade and smiled. I'm talking carnival colored. We had a chat about how she might not be able to take tests at BYU if I did that shade on her blondes, and she decided to go with a dark brown-purple. After a solid 15 minutes of me asking her if she was POSITIVE about it, (all the while crossing my fingers that she would do it) we got started.

By this point, I think I had asked Michelle about 230754 times if she thought her parents would disown me. She just sat there knitting and smiling and saying, "Naaaaaaaah...". After the color finished processing we gave her a quick trim and voila:


Blonde Michelle is now purple-haired Michelle. Can I just say that I am so excited that Michelle wanted to do somehting fun? I LOVE HER VIOLET HAIR. She works it like a rock star, and yes, she is still testing-center approved. :) It was such a huge change and I love it I love it I love it. So far I'm still allowed to be a Stay. As Michelle reminded me, Ben has had his hair red, orange, blue, green, and various blonde shades. (Bishop Meldrum loved that about Ben's youth.)

8 comments:

  1. I love it! You did a GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah,
    It looks so good on Michelle! You did a fabulous job! I should come in and get my hair done there by you before you and Ben leave! How much longer do you have here? It would be fun to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Good job Rebekah! How fun o do a color like that, it looks awesome! I'm glad you are still allowed in the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My personal favorite was the bright blonde hair that Ben had ... and yes, Bishop Meldrum was kept constantly on his toes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her hair looks amazing, Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I'm glad you get to stay being a Stay. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippe! I'm glad I found your blog!! How are you all? How is baby Stay?! When are you going to be home?? (p.s. I want you to do my hair! Your fabulous!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found out you have a blog!!! Now we can stay in touch while we are across the country from each other. Our blog is carissarasmussen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete